Linesight provided full Cost Management and Project Management services, as well as health and safety from project inception in 2017 to project handover in 2022. Spencer Place South is a prime 2.8-acre campus, part of the 6.05 acre regeneration site in Dublin city’s docklands that now hosts Salesforce as its primary tenant. This project represents the largest commercial letting in the history of the Irish state and the greenest Salesforce Tower in the world.
This new urban campus of four interconnected buildings is powered by 100 per cent renewable energy, is one of the first Nearly Zero Energy Buildings (NZEB) enjoyed by a commercial occupier in the Irish market. Spencer Place South consists of four commercial buildings of varying height (up to 12 storey) over a common 3-level basement. The refurbishment of the protected London and Northern Rail Hotel was part of the development, which includes:
- A 7-metre cantilever transfer slab supporting 7 floors overhead on one block.
- Open-plan, long-span flexible office space using post-tensioned concrete floor slabs.
- Overhead footbridges that link 3 of the buildings.
- Set-back penthouse floors in structural steelwork
- 3-level basement
- 204-bed hotel made from reinforced concrete.
- Throughout the project, Linesight managed extensive tenant design change interventions, working collaboratively to ensure all stakeholder objectives were met.
- Linesight managed the preparation and submission of the initial planning application to Dublin City Council (DCC) and all subsequent planning applications, requiring coordination between all relevant stakeholders in the planning process.
- Within the constraints and context of the global pandemic Linesight took action to minimize delays and ensure that design development was continuously refined during site closures.
- Implemented enhanced Health and safety management, made more complex during this unprecedented time.
- Ultimately delivered the project to agreed specifications in the adjusted timelines
- Managed top-end sustainability certification including Near Zero Energy Building (NZEB), LEED platinum v4 and a WIRED platinum score accreditation.