Mobily is one of the largest telecommunications providers in Saudi Arabia, and as one of the fastest growing providers, the organization’s requirements for supporting infrastructure continues to evolve. When the need arose for new data center, retail, call center and office facilities of varying sizes across the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Mobily appointed Linesight to provide full Program Management services from initial project inception to handover. Our team has extensive local market knowledge, and has worked on similar projects of a comparable scale in the past, so our track record and reputation led to the client entrusting us with its ambitious project.
Acting as Program Managers, we provided pre- and post-contract Project Management, Design Management, Cost Management and Contract Management services to the client. This included 20 Tier three and four facilities designed and built in compliance with the Uptime Institute’s specifications, along with 300 retail units, 12 call centers and three major HQ offices across the Kingdom.
Large scale projects in a short time frame
- This was an ambitious and significant expansion program, whereby we developed frameworks based on a standards design/specification guidelines
- We rolled out the multiple projects on this basis to achieve a quick turnaround (from two to six weeks depending on size), so that the retail division could start to generate income
- With a shortage of skilled contractors in Saudi Arabia, our team set up a robust prequel process of qualified contractors with real experience and proven track record
- This came with a premium, which increased the construction costs, but meant that the programs were completed quicker, allowing the end user to generate revenue earlier
- Whilst we successfully appointed quality contractors, there was still a gap compared to international standards, so our team of project managers and cost managers had to work closely with the contractors in scheduling the works and ensuring all materials were procured on time